Absolutely, fall is a wonderful time to enjoy nature and spend time with your family while being environmentally conscious. Here are 10 Earth-friendly family fall fun activities:
1. Nature Scavenger Hunt: Create a list of items to find in nature, such as colorful leaves, acorns, pinecones, and different types of birds. This activity encourages kids to explore the outdoors and learn about the local environment. Green Child Magazine has several scavenger hunts for various ages and focuses that you can use! I personally love their Gratitude Nature Scavenger Hunt!
2. Apple Picking: Visit a local orchard for apple picking. Choose an orchard that practices sustainable farming methods to support eco-friendly agriculture. (Or whatever is local to you!)
3. DIY Bird Feeders: Create bird feeders using recycled materials, like pinecones covered in peanut butter and birdseed. Hang them outside to attract and feed local birds. HGTV has some cute ideas in their article “5 Eco-Friendly Bird Feeders”
4. Leaf Crafts: Collect fallen leaves and create art projects like leaf rubbings, pressed leaf cards, or leaf garlands. This allows kids to appreciate the beauty of nature and repurposed materials. I found some great ones here: Eco-Friendly Crafts: 9 Sustainable DIY Projects For A Greener Tomorrow
5. Fall Planting: Choose native plants or bulbs for your garden, yard, or even indoor pots. Fall is a great time for planting as the weather is cooler and plants establish well. Here’s a link to get Milkweed Seeds for a Butterfly Garden: https://www.bhg.com/gardening/flowers/pollinators/free-milkweed-for-monarch-butterflies/ And the Arbor Day Foundation has trees to plant! www.arborday.org
6. Outdoor Picnics: Pack eco-friendly meals and snacks using reusable containers and utensils. Enjoy a picnic in a local park, surrounded by the fall foliage. https://www.conserve-energy-future.com/super-ways-have-eco-friendly-picnic.php
7. Nature Art: Use fallen leaves, twigs, and rocks to create temporary art installations or mandalas in your backyard or a nearby natural area. Or even paint rocks to give others who travel the same way a smile!
8. Hiking and Nature Walks: Explore local trails and enjoy the changing colors of the leaves. Use this opportunity to teach your family about the importance of preserving natural habitats. If you’re local to Estes Park, Rocky Mountain National Park has AMAZING trails!
9. Composting: Get your family involved in composting kitchen scraps to create nutrient-rich soil for your garden. It's a great way to reduce waste and nourish the earth. So easy to do, so helpful for your garden!
10. Pumpkin Carving and Seed Roasting: When you carve pumpkins for Halloween, save the seeds! Roast them with a little olive oil and salt for a tasty and nutritious snack. Yum!
Remember, the key to these fall activities is to minimize waste, support local and sustainable practices, and engage in activities that foster a connection with nature.
Have a fantastic time with your family while making a positive impact on the environment!
Alphemita LLC (Alphemita Financial Services) is a registered investment advisor offering advisory services in the State of Colorado and in other jurisdictions where exempt. Registration does not imply a certain level of skill or training.
The information on this site is not intended as tax, accounting or legal advice, as an offer or solicitation of an offer to buy or sell, or as an endorsement of any company, security, fund, or other securities or non-securities offering. This information should not be relied upon as the sole factor in an investment making decision.Past performance is no indication of future results. Investment in securities involves significant risk and has the potential for partial or complete loss of funds invested. It should not be assumed that any recommendations made will be profitable or equal any performance noted on this site. The information on this site is provided “AS IS” and without warranties of any kind either express or implied. To the fullest extent permissible pursuant to applicable laws, Alphemita LLC disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability, non-infringement, and suitability for a particular purpose.Alphemita Financial Services does not warrant that the information on this site will be free from error. Your use of the information is at your sole risk. Under no circumstances shall Alphemita Financial Services be liable for any direct, indirect, special or consequential damages that result from the use of, or the inability to use, the information provided on this site, even if Alphemita Financial Services or a Alphemita Financial Services authorized representative has been advised of the possibility of such damages. Information contained on this site should not be considered a solicitation to buy, an offer to sell, or a recommendation of any security in any jurisdiction where such offer, solicitation, or recommendation would be unlawful or unauthorized. Alphemita ADV Part 2A_2B 2023 can be found here.
Mauris ac orci in libero dignissim blandit sit amet maximus elit. Nullam vitae faucibus dui. Suspendisse et felis elementum, pellentesque lacus quis, porta purus. Donec ut nibh eleifend nibh luctus sollicitudin.